The government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for the last three years to improve provision of PE and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and must be spent on PE and sport provision.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but have the freedom to choose how they do this.
This year, 2016-17, the total Sports Premium we have received is £10, 175.
We will spend our Sports Premium on:
- Membership of the Grange Partnership
- Release time for PE Leader
- CPD for teaching staff in PE and sport
- IT equipment to improve coaching
- PE equipment and awards
- Sports kit for the representational teams
- Membership of the professional bodies
- Cluster opportunities for the Gifted and Talented children in PE – outside coaching.
This has raised pupil achievements and engagement through:
- Teachers subject knowledge and PE confidence increased
- Raised standards in PE
- Increased extra-curricular sporting provision offered to pupils
- Increased and regular participation in local leagues and tournaments
- Celebration of TeamBR achievements and inspire pupils to become the future TeamBR.
In 2015-16, the total Sports Premium we received was £10,110. We actually spent £13,293.45.
|Membership to Grange Sports Partnership||Participation in a greater range of inter-school competitions and tournaments across a wide variety of sports.
CPD and networking opportunities for TeamBR leader to ensure all staff are kept up to date.
|TeamBR subject leader release time||High standard of PE delivered in school.
Wider participation in sporting tournaments offered to pupils.
Whole school development led through research.
|Staff CPD and training||Raised standards in PE across the school.|
|Participation in Year 2 football tournaments||Wider participation in sporting tournaments for the younger pupils.|
|Staff release for sporting fixtures||Most appropriate member of staff attends sporting fixtures with teams they have coached.
Greater number of sporting teams taking part in local tournaments.
|Sports kit for the representational teams||Proud to be part of a TeamBR.
Celebration of TeamBR achievements and inspire pupils to become the future TeamBR.
|IT equipment to improve teaching and learning||Raised standards in PE across the school.|
|Membership in outside bodies||Member of staff qualified as a Level 1 football coach.|
|PE equipment||High quality PE equipment to deliver high quality PE lessons.|