Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- All must participate within the rules and must respect the rights, dignity and worth of participants, teachers, volunteers, and officials. Adhere to Beacon Rise’s and all other relevant policies, guidelines and codes.
- Never argue with officials’ decisions
- Treat all players as you yourself would like to be treated. Keep your self-control at all times and do not retaliate.
- Be a good sport and recognise all good play, whether by your team or by your opponent’s team.
- Accept victory modestly and defeat graciously, remembering that Beacon Rise will be judged by your behaviour.
- Remember that the aims of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Use correct and proper language at all times and do not harass, physically or verbally, players, managers, coaches and officials
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials; the referee is correct (even when they’re not!)
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all, including opponents
- Turn losing into winning by helping your child work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship. Never ridicule or yell at your child for a mistake or losing a game
- Encourage your child to play to the rules of the game and not to argue with officials
- Read the rules of the game to understand better what you are looking at and commenting on.
- Recognise the value and importance of teachers and volunteers. They give children their time and resources to provide sport for your child
- Always maintain the very high reputation schools/teams have earned for its appreciation of good play by both teams whether you win, lose or draw
- Although you are not playing, remember that you should act in a sporting manner as our school with be judged by your behaviour
Beacon Rise Staff
- Ensure that young people are listened to and consider their well-being and safety before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Set the example for all players, parents/guardians and spectators, set a good example at all times.
- Ensure that each player is appropriately dressed with the team football kit.
Promote the positive aspects of the sport (eg fair play).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
- Never condone rule violations and inappropriately aggressive play.
- Display appropriate behaviour towards other teachers, officials, and volunteers.
- Read the rules of the game and assist players in their understanding of them