Teaching Assistant (SEN)
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support 2 Year 2 pupils with EHCPs.
The post will involve:
• Differentiating the curriculum to meet the needs of the children
• Providing support for the pupil’s emotional and developmental needs
• Liaising with teachers and parents
• Assisting with the setting up and monitoring of the children’s EHCP outcomes
• Acting upon advice from external agencies.
We are looking for someone with:
• A good understanding of SEND within a primary school setting
• Experience of working with a child with additional needs, in particular global developmental delay and speech, language and communication needs
• Enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
• The ability to use their initiative.
This is a temporary position starting in September 2019 subject to funding, for 25 hours.
If you would like to be part of our successful and thriving school and are willing to make an outstanding contribution to the community of our school, we would like to hear from you.
Beacon Rise Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for this post are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting including a DBS disclosure.
Visits are welcomed on Monday 17th June at 4pm.
Closing date 9am on Friday 28th June.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week beginning 1st July.
Vacancy Pack – Teaching Assistant (SEN)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.